I have recently begun reading in the book of Isaiah (one of my personal favorites), and there are so many different things that jump out at me. I would like to share just one of them for now!
Isaiah 5:1-4 says, "Now let me sing to my Well-beloved a song of my Beloved regarding His vineyard: My Well-beloved has a vineyard on a very fruitful hill. He dug it up and cleared out its stones, and planted it with the choicest vine. He built a tower in its midst, and also made a winepress in it; so He expected it to bring forth good grapes, but it brought forth wild grapes. And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem and men of Judah, judge, please, between me and my vineyard. What more could have been done to My vineyard that I have not done in it? Why then when I expected it to bring forth good grapes, did it bring forth wild grapes?"
As I read this passage, it made me think about the verse in 2 Peter 1:3 that says, "He has given us everything that we need for life and godliness." Just as the verses in Isaiah talk about, God gave us everything we could possibly need--His Word, the Holy Spirit. Despite this, we still fail to follow Him and bring forth fruit in our life. If you continue reading in 2 Peter, after explaining how God has given us everything need to successfully navigate through life, Peter tells us what to do next. KNwoing these things we need to "with all diligence, add to our faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Now, I know that all this is alot to chew on, and I would really like to expound on it more. However, I think I am going to save that for another day. But, for now, I know that I was really challenged by thought that God has given me everything I need...now what am I doing with those things? Am I using the resources and gifts He has given me? Am I being a good steward of all the things the Lord has gifted me with and the responsibilities He has given to me as His child? Am I striving to "diligently" add these fruits to my life? Or am I bringing forth wild grapes? I told you it was alot to think about!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment