Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Zeal for Him

Tonight, as I was reading, I read a familiar verse in Titus that says, "...who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people zealous for good works."
Unlike on previous occassions, I immediately stopped after reading the last phrase "zealous for good works." Now there is a challenge for Christians today!
In one of my previous posts, I talked about Phinehas and how the Lord described him as, "Zealous with My zeal." The dictionary defines zeal as "filled with or inspired by intense enthusiasm or zeal, ardent, fervent." Can you imagine if all Christians had zeal when it came to there walk with the Lord? Can you imagine what might happen to the world around us if we were "zealous for good works"? What an impact we would have for Christ then! That's how I want to live my life! Throughout the Old Testament,there are many great men who are described as having a zeal for God, and it is amazing to see what these men can do (or rather Christ can do through them) because of that! I don't know about you, but I would like to be characterized by that kind of ardent and inspired enthusiasm and zeal for God!
Lord Jesus, please give me a zeal for You and for Your work!

....Just imagine what this world would look like if all Christians could have this said of them! Wow!...

No comments:

Post a Comment