Thursday, October 29, 2009

One Sentence...

This morning when I did my devotions, I read alot of different things that stood out to me, made me think, and challenged me. However, out of everything I read and sought to apply to my life, there was one thing that keeps coming back to me. "May my meditation be sweet to Him." Psalms 104:34. That's it! One sentence! Out of everything I read that little phrase jumped out at me and hit me in the gut! My meditation, what I think about, is it sweet to Him? Probably not! If only all the things that we think about and dwell on throughout the day were honoring to Him....no, not just honoring, sweet! Psalms 19:14 says, "Let the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer." There are many other passages, espcially throughout the Psalms, that refer to our thoughts and meditations. This obviously must be important, and I think we all know that it is definitely a challenge. I hope that you will make this your prayer as I have made it mine. Reading this verse this morning, set me up for the entire rest of the day as God has constantly brought that verse back to my rememberance. Is everything I dwell on sweet to Him? Remember, all the different things you think about, God knows every single one of them. You are not the only one who knows your thoughts! Make them pleasing to the Lord!
"MAY MY MEDITATION BE SWEET TO HIM!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment